Sunday, March 23, 2014

from june



hello, you.

can you be quiet for a minute, so i can look at your eyes and gauge if you're whole? yes, i've seen them in pictures (a lot) but i can't tell through a screen. smile for me now, the smile that comes in the corner of your couch when it's kind of dark. next, show me your veins, please say they're untouched. i'm so glad to see those freckles glide down your bone.

now i hope you know you made me burn. all the way down to ashes. black and gray, it only made sense. i hope you know you made me red (literally) (well you certainly didn't help). i want you to understand that you emptied my tank of gas and filled my head with plans. those plans are still here, broken remnants of the storm you leave in your wake.

i'm glad you came and smashed those windows, that's when i finally jumped. then i realized clouds aren't actually soft, just pretty, and at least concrete is honest. that's when love leaked onto the street and you sat down with me to watch.

you're when blood became beautiful, and i became broken.







don't worry, i healed without you

14 comments:

  1. "i want you to understand that you emptied my tank of gas and filled my head with plans."
    " then i realized clouds aren't actually soft, just pretty, and at least concrete is honest."
    "you're when blood became beautiful"
    You're killing me. Too good. Such good images. Such good mixes of adjectives that shouldn't go out with the nouns but then they dance so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you're when blood became beautiful, and i became broken." This ending. And then the ending after that. Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. gooooooodness. ahhhhh.

    "i'm so glad to see those freckles glide down your bone."

    just. YES. mmm hmm. Yep. yeeeep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "next, show me your veins, please say they're untouched"

    You have an incredible way of letting your imagery flow in such a raw yet eloquent manner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least concrete is honest.

    Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh I love this! I can relate! And it totally spoke to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I saw your blog... You're speaking my feelings right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is filled with so much emotion that I can relate to. You are so talented with words and your writing is impeccable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too many lines to quote. You're abstract in just the right way. The picture. The transitions. I love your endings in small print on all your posts. Even your blog address is interesting. One of the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you capture such a like... a mood that is one hard to emulate on paper, well done, the abstract and concrete details, I'm enjoying your posts and I'm pleasure to read them

    ReplyDelete
  11. "i want you to understand that you emptied my tank of gas and filled my head with plans. those plans are still here, broken remnants of the storm you leave in your wake" I could live in these sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  12. " that's when love leaked onto the street and you sat down with me to watch"
    Oh girl...the things you do to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "you're when blood became beautiful"

    like what the hell does that even mean

    ReplyDelete