Tuesday, April 15, 2014

for my moon, again

your words, somehow so warm, and your mouth, somehow so sweet,

my knuckles, white on the wheel --

i'm sure you don't know i cried on that 26 second drive home, just like i've never told you about the words i say after pressing end. but i have told you about my old bird, and the ink on my one nail, and my favorite scent of candle, and i think those things are more important even if you don't remember them.

my scratching fingertips still carve your name in my sleep and i hope you know the reason i can't speak back is because you sometimes tangle my heartstrings in my throat.

and even though you are as far-off as always.

even though your love is as stone-cold smokey as ever.


you are still my moon.

i think you may always be. 

8 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. Really. You are such an incredible writer. I love your blog and I hope you never stop writing.

    "the reason i can't speak back is because you sometimes tangle my heartstrings in my throat."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic. looooooots of emotion. love this. love this. love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "just like i've never told you about the words i say after pressing end."

    Wow. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words flow so effortlessly. If you could teach me how to do this, that would be nice. Also, every time I read your posts I feel something... I don't know what that means, but it's good. You're good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is such an exquisite manifestation of so many intricate, beautiful emotions. I love reading your blog!

    -MX

    ReplyDelete
  6. "i hope you know the reason i can't speak back is because you sometimes tangle my heartstrings in my throat."

    this is just golden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't speak back is because you sometimes tangle my heartstrings in my throat.


    curious to know who this is about. in any case, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT UP. This was incredible. The heartstrings tangled in the throat and and the knuckles and "oh i thought" and the crying and the carving in your sleep and MY moon. Oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete