Sunday, February 23, 2014

i don't actually write



the Hardening. (define: a time when suddenly everything hurts and unshakable general life philosophies shake, resulting in a cynical heart and a pessimistic mind.) it's sad, because that should be an unusual thing, but it's not, and i feel minimal amounts of heartbreak for them, probably because there isn't much room for my heart to break after my own Hardening, but i'm buoyed when i see people who haven't succumbed. people who've somehow retained that incandescence. (qtd.) and i'm glad for them, but not quite jealous.

because, truth be told, i like being in control. (especially of my emotions.) i hate myself when i lose that control. weak and malleable, why would i want to be that?
good question, because ever since i started writing, i feel a little more. i look to tap into something inside that produces a clean fresh spring, and i think i have on this blog, but it's overflowing into the rest of my life, and i'm trying so hard to stop it because it feels a lot more like drowning than taking a swim.
but i've really never been good at compartmentalizing.

so i have to choose: drink that water, or thirst? (thirst has worked out pretty well for 547 days)

i don't write, i just feel.


but at least i'm learning to feel again


 "i don't want to repeat my innocence. i want the pleasure of losing it again." f. scott fitzgerald. 

4 comments:

  1. Every word. Such good word choice. Such real feelings. You tell a story but also give us one short moment at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i basically will never stop loving your blog. so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post just made me want to hug you, and curl up in a ball in my room. I don't know why. But sometimes I feel this way too. I loved every word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. I just let all of my feelings come out of my fingers and on to the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete