Monday, May 5, 2014

the light at three a.m.

i'm sitting where i'll sit when you leave, by a tree you've never noticed on grass you may have set foot on, but not with me (so it shouldn't have anything to do with you but it does.) and i guess this is some sort of pathetic prequel to Absence instead of the cheered toast it ought to be, and normally i'm at my least selfish around you but that hasn't mattered much lately.

i've been thinking a lot about what it even means to move on and how maybe that's best.

but i have things with you i don't have with any other person, and ever since you read my words i only want to give you more.

5 comments:

  1. Psh who needs moving one when you can keep on feeding the person the words they deserve. I've been thinking in ways a lot like this too, you just did an unreal job of explaining it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(so it shouldn't have anything to do with you but it does.) " Okay I thought I was the only one who felt this about things. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you break and heal my heart all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing was fancy or wildly poetic but it was so simple and just there that this is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete